- "I just thought I’d drop you an email to say thank you for all your work in getting our itineraries together at such short notice. Everything worked out well and although our flight was delayed leaving Hong Kong by one hour and we missed the connection Auckland to Wellington, there was no problem and no additional charge for a change in the flight.
Many thanks once again Sandie from a very happy customer!!" Edmonds, Kapiti
- "Sandie and Lynette were extremely helpful with our travel plans. It was our first big overseas trip together, neither of us were experienced travellers so we were a bit unsure about how to organise such a big holiday. Sandie and Lynette met with us in our home, after hours, which was great as we never really had the time to go and talk to travel agents ourselves even though we had been thinking about this trip for 18 months. We basically told them how long we had off work and gave them an idea of our budget for the trip and discussed where we wanted to travel and they made a few suggestions for us as well. They put it together over a couple of visits and then they presented us with our preliminary itinerary along with options for our accommodation. The did all the legwork in looking at accommodation locations vs price; hunting out the best deals with flights, trains, boats and transfers to and from accommodation providing us with our pre-paid vouchers where required or maps for us to find our own way using public transport. Nothing was too much trouble, they were happy to do as much (or as little) as we wanted them too. They even gave us emergency contact details while we were away for 'just in case' situations ... that never arose, thankfully. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime holiday and we wanted it to be perfect. Without Sandie and Lynette's help we don't think it could have been any better. We have and will continue to offer their services to our family and friends" - N Richardson & J Petre, Wellington
- "Thanks very much for making it happen, my brownie points are extremely high" R Chrisp, Hawkes Bay
- "We are home after a fantastic trip with so many many memories. We would love to share our photos with you and give you a debrief on the trip so please book us in for a glass of wine and an evening of lots to tell.
We cannot thank you enough for all the organisation and extra effort you went to, to ensure our entire itinerary ran smoothly. It was wonderful to have the private transfers from the airports to our accommodation and the organised tours was so fantastic, we felt like royalty passing all the queues of people and going straight in ahead of them all. You gave us so much detail that we felt so relaxed about our whole trip. Thank you so much and look forward to catching up soon" - G Roberts and M Zinzley, Karori
-"We are having a wonderful time on the cruise, gorgeous boat and very well organised. Everything on trip running like clockwork" - J Sherwin, Wellington
-"We loved the way you kept us in the loop every step of the way and you listened to who we were and what we wanted - and went away and delivered the best trip that we have been on to date!" - Leigh and Gary, Lower Hutt
-"It was so fabulous having all the documentation for my trip sorted by Sandie and Lynette, I was able to just hand over my paperwork with no hold ups, which allowed me to focus on my two young children" - Danielle, Whitby
-“Sandie and Lynette took the stress out of our travel bookings so we could relax and enjoy the trip. When we needed to make a change to a booking for medical reasons they were very efficient and got everything sorted very quickly.” Judy and Graham, Waikanae
Terms, Conditions and Definitions
The following general terms and conditions apply:
“We”, “us” and “our” refers to Travel by Design.
“You” refers to the client of Travel by Design
• These trading terms shall be deemed to have been accepted in full by you by the act of placing a request and/or order for products and/or services from us.
• Terms of payment will be in full prior to bookings being made. Failure to make a payment on or before the due date may result in cancellation or inability to secure your bookings.
Agreements and contracts
• All agreements and contracts for the supply of products and services are solely between us and you.
• All agreements and contracts shall be subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
• Prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars.
• Airfares, accommodation, taxes and other supplier charges are subject to change without prior notice, even though your arrangements have been confirmed by us because such changes are beyond our control up until the date of departure (eg: airline taxes, fuel surcharge, Passenger Levy, Insurance Surcharge and Government Security Levy).
• We also reserve the right to increase package pricing to reflect fluctuations in exchange rates.
• All cancellations by you must be in writing.
• A cancellation fee of $250.00 applies. As packages booked with airlines, tour companies or other travel providers, cancellation fees and/or refunds are at the discretion of the provider concerned, additional cancellation fees imposed by such providers may apply and are payable by you.
• No refund is available for no-shows on tours or airlines.
• Terms and Conditions of individual operators need to be read at the time of booking as payment by you will be taken as acceptance of those provisions.
• Please note that any event tickets are non-refundable.
Visas & Passports
• You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit.
• Non-U.S or British citizens must consult with appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed and are responsible for obtaining all visas and entry documents independently.
• We are not responsible for providing you with specific visa and passport information or documentation, and we cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry on to any transport or into any country due to failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation.
• All passengers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip.
• It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations.
• It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements.
• Re-entry visas will be required for travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct documentation in place to ensure your return to New Zealand.
• Our fees do not include the cost of passports or visas as required by the Country to which you are travelling.
Airport Taxes, Customs and Immigration charges
• Prices quoted do not include any departure tax fees payable at airports or customs or immigration fees. You will be responsible for payment of any such fees personally.
• We will not be liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from any acts or omissions whatsoever (whether by negligence, breach of statutory obligation or otherwise) by us or that of any operator used by us including, but not limited to, any liability arising from delayed departure, missed carrier connections, substitutions of accommodations or of common carrier equipment, termination of service, changes in fares and rates, cancellation or double bookings of reservations or tickets or the failure of any operator.
• We will endeavour to provide information that is correct at the time of your contact with us however, as all travel information is subject to change without notice we cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or loss while planning or travelling.
• We will endeavour to provide the most suitable travel arrangements to meet the particular requirements you make known to us however, as travel is an individual experience, your preferences and opinions may vary from our own, and accordingly we cannot take responsibility for your personal satisfaction.
• Any liability by us is limited to actual loss occasioned to you, not to a third party.
• Compensation will not be payable if either party needs to cancel or change travel arrangements in any way for reasons of war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
• Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.
• We strongly recommend that you carry comprehensive travel insurance that covers cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances or those beyond your control.
• We also recommend that you obtain a trip cancellation and interruption policy as well as extended health coverage to cover the costs of any changes to your travel arrangements such as booking a new flight home.
• Carefully read the details of your policy and make sure you understand the terms and exclusions.
Vaccinations and Health
• Certain countries require and/or recommend that travellers be vaccinated against specific diseases.
• We will talk with you regarding your Vaccination requirements. You may also like to visit the Travel Doctor website www.traveldoctor.co.nz for more information.
Service Inquiries after your travel
• After returning from your travel, if you wish to consult us about any services provided by us or operators used by us, please ensure that all such contact is undertaken by written or email correspondence and that such correspondence is received by us promptly after your return.
• Any complaint or claim involving the services offered must be notified to us within 30 days of the travel completion, except where such time limitations are provided for by law.
• We will acknowledge receipt of the correspondence and will use our best endeavours to address any concerns raised.
• As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if we are not advised of such complaint quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even forfeited if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause.
• In the event of a problem or complaint involving the negligence or other breach of obligation of any of our suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to you, we must receive within 30 days of tour completion, preferably earlier.
Extending your Travel
• We will not be responsible for extending your travel or for rebooking flight arrangements once they have commenced,
• Refunds will not be provided where from illness or personal choice you do not utilise part or your entire package.
Items Not Covered
• Unless otherwise specified, the costs of meals, drinks, laundry and items of a personal nature are not included.
• Costs of transport, other than those specified in your itinerary, are not included.
www.nztravelbrokers.co.nz or www.nztravelbrokers.co.nz
New Zealand Small Business Directory and Travel Guide - "Taking New Zealand to the World"